The World Equestrian Center, located in Ocala Florida is seeking Culinary Supervisors. The Culinary Supervisors is responsible for assuring the guest's culinary experience is consistently maintained through supervision; Supervise kitchen staff in the Chef’s absence, ensuring the best quality food is served to guests in a timely manner. To promote the World Equestrian Centers mission and vision statement through continual demonstration of actions.
- Train and supervise kitchen staff in the property preparation of menu items, equipment, and safety measures.
- Evaluate performance, give guidance as necessary to produce quality products.
- Visually inspect, select, and use only the highest quality product in preparation of menu items.
- Reads and employs math skills for following recipes.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production in workstation.
- To ensure effective stock rotation and maintain stock levels to include storage and use of equipment
- Always follow procedures for food controls
- To assist with maintaining and improving departmental operating standards
- To assist with leading and motivating the departmental team to promote good team member morale and ensure a high level of commitment and pride
- To be fully aware of and comply with the World Equestrian Centers company rules and regulations as identified in the company policy.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances
- Schedules culinary staff so that proper coverage is maintained while keeping payroll costs in line.
- Observes production flow and adjust as needed to control costs.
- Monitors to ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature settings), and rotation of food products to comply with the Health Department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating, and placing items in property containers to ensure product freshness.
- Provide direction to team members regarding operational and procedural issues
- Have complete knowledge of all policies, standards, and procedures of the department
- Be familiar with resort services, amenities, and outlet
- Available for work assignments outside of associate’s customary work schedule. This may include evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
- Adherence to all safety rules and regulations
- Compliance with all properties policies and procedures and described and communicated by management
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- The associate must be able to stand the entire shift
- The associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The associate must be able to climb stairs
- The associate must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal skills
- The associate must be able to bend at the waist
- The associate must be able to use hands repetitively
- The associate must be able to reach above the shoulder
- The associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2 years of culinary experience required
- Must be able to understand and write English
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work-life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit a background check prior to employment.