Guest Service Agent
Located in a rapidly growing Ocala Florida, The World Equestrian Center is seeking a Guest Service Agent to join our Team! The role of the Guest Service Agent is to properly and efficiently check guests into the hotel.
- Guest Service Agent must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. Guest Service Concierge must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- The Guest Service Agent accurately and efficiently checks in and out guests using a computer system, input rooming lists and transportation requests. Efficiently and effectively maintain the Front Desk Outlook mail box and respond accordingly. Assist guests as requested, handle cash, answer telephones and make reservations; sell rooms, sell the hotel and send correspondence to guests.
- Set up reservations,
- Pleasant, well groomed, neat and clean hands and nails, conservative jewelry and hairstyle, pleasant and professional, neatly trimmed beard or mustache, if applicable.
- Friendly, positive, professional, dependable, loyal, team and service oriented, interested in job and guests, willing to learn.
- Honest, able to efficiently and accurately operate the computer keyboard, organize and plan, detail orientated, willing to help guests, people oriented, patience, basic arithmetic, stamina to stand for long periods of time.
- Good Grammar, strong verbal skills, legible handwriting, able to effectively communicate with guests both verbally and in writing, pleasant phone voice.
- Basic understanding of guests’ needs, desires and methods of servicing to the guests’ satisfaction, adaptable to change.
- Facilities – Basic mechanical knowledge provided by Engineering (heating/cooling systems in rooms, how to operate the televisions etc.) and strong understanding of life safety systems and emergency procedures.
- AV and IT knowledge – Should possess fundamental knowledge of AV and IT systems i.e. Micros, Room Master, Sales Pro as well as audio controls for public areas, how to re-set Wi-Fi router if needed. This position should be able to look in Sales Pro and provide some basic information about room availability for private events. DOCS should have some input in training segment.
- Cash Management – Must possess basic mathematical skills and able to handle cash payments and make change as necessary.
The physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to work on feet for up to 8 hours a day.
- Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively.
- Associate may have to stand walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
- Associate may have to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Knowledge of proper guest service etiquette and standards
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction.
- Professional communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Self-motivated, organized, and ability to problem solve.
- Professional appearance
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.