The World Equestrian Center is seeking a Food Runner to join our Team!
The primary responsibility of a Food Runner is to take prepared food to each table in a speedy, professional and effective manner ensuring quality and accuracy of all orders. Other duties will be expected as need arises.
- Food runners should be able to carry a large tray with food from the kitchen to any table in the restaurant
- Know all table numbers and sections
- Ensure all dishes match the ticket including modifiers and special requests.
- Check quality of plate presentation.
- Deliver the correct food to the correct table number
- Communicate with wait staff regarding requests and relay those to the kitchen.
- Communicate with wait staff regarding any incomplete orders/deliveries of food
- Complete closing side-work duties
This job description in no way states or implies that these arethe only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position.Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned bytheir supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract,implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
The physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to work on feet for up to 8 hours a day.
- Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively.
- Associate may have to stand walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
- Associate may have to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Knowledge of proper service etiquette and standards
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction.
- Professional communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Self-motivated, organized, and ability to problem solve.
- Professional appearance
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.