The World Equestrian Center is currently seeking a Beverage Server to join our team! This position is responsible for the Food & Beverage service operations at the World Equestrian Center at Ocala, Florida. They are to ensure that standards of quality in product and service are maintained.
- Possesses knowledge of food and beverages served
- Collecting payment and operating point of sale system
- Balance cash receipts
- Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol
- Must be able to use POS system
- Must be able to take orders and give proper, professional service to guests
- Able to mix and serve alcohol drinks as needed
- Appears and acts in a professional manner
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by a manager at any time
This job description in no way states or implies that these arethe only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position.Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned bytheir supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract,implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate must be able to work on feet for up to 8 hours a day and extended days as necessary.
- Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day and extended days as necessary.
- Associate may have to stand walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel.
- Associate may have to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Micros POS system experience preferred
- Knowledge of proper service etiquette and standards
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to take direction.
- Professional communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Self-motivated, organized, and ability to problem solve.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.