The World Equestrian Center is currently seeking a Barback to join our team! The Barback works with staff to ensure that guests receive prompt seamless service. The barback assists in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with all the necessities, and take on other duties to support the bartender. and ensure the bar operates smoothly.
- Assists with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins. Ensures Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
- Responsible for keeping bar well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checks taps and appliances to confirm that equipment is working properly. Makes minor adjustments as needed/changes out kegs if needed.
- Responsible for keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping/mopping, removing soiled glassware, keeping coolers and storage area clean and organized, and remove trash from the area.
- Knowledgeable in menu items and cocktail recipes.
- Assists in taking orders, preparing drinks, opening tabs, and processing payments.
- Communicate with customers, answering questions, handling concerns or complaints.
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
This job description in no way states or implies that these arethe only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position.Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned bytheir supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract,implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
The physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- The associate must be able to work on feet for up to 8 hours a day.
- The associate may have to stand walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The associate must be of minimum age to serve alcohol
- The associate may have to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- TIPS Certified preferred.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Knowledge of proper service etiquette and standards
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take direction.
- Professional communication skills.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Self-motivated, organized, and ability to problem-solve.
- Professional appearance
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.