Assistant Stewarding Manager
The World Equestrian Center-Ocala is currently seeking an Assistant Stewarding Manager to join our team!
The Assistant Stewarding Manager reports to the Banquet and Stewarding Manager and is responsible for overseeing and providing guidance to the stewarding team members in order to maintain the highest level of cleanliness.
- Ensures the cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen areas to include: walk-in coolers, floors, walls, rolling equipment, small wares, china, glass, and silverware.
- Monitors and ensures that all temperature and chemical solutions requirements are met with regard to dishwashing, pot washing, and storage.
- Continuously monitors all stewarding operations to ensure team members are in their assigned areas. Checks to make sure team members have the property supplies and equipment needed to complete the job.
- Maintains knowledge of correct maintenance and use of stewarding equipment.
- Assists with the training of all team members.
- Monitors and maintains cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Assist stewarding team members with their job functions where needed ensuring optimum service standards.
- Maintain a steady pace to meet the demand for dishes, glassware, silverware, pots, pans, utensils, etc.
- Participate in additional maintenance and cleaning chores as directed.
- Observe careful work habits and conditions in areas of sanitation, safety, breakage, and waste control.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Physical requirements for particular tasks include but are not limited to: standing for long periods of time, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50 pounds, reaching, bending, and grabbing.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Convey information and ideas clearly.
- Maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work-life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit a background check prior to employment.