Assistant Director of Sales and Marketing
Assists the Director of Sales and Marketing in leading, training, mentoring, and holding the sales team accountable to exceed budgetary expectations by selling guest rooms and food and beverage events through direct client contact for the purpose of maximizing revenues and profitability of the hotel property while providing client satisfaction. Drives a sales culture which focuses on always advancing the sale by embracing the challenge and excitement of growing recruitment, retention, and reactivation accounts, the gift of last-minute business, a focus on sales calls and site tours, and maintains an operational sales culture focused on efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborates closely with the DOS to deploy their sales vision for the property.
- Assists DOS to train the sales team on the CHM sales process and filling our sales pipeline through prospecting via social, telephone, email, and text channels, as well as cold colds, site tours, and outside sales calls.
- Meets and exceeds personal booking and consumption goals, pace goals, prospecting goals, site tour goals, outside sales calls goals, and personal achievement goals.
- Assists DOS in establishing accountability for the sellers pursuant to goals by assessing performance relative to goals and works with team to achieve all goals and objectives.
- Helps to direct the activities of the sales team, provides leadership and motivation necessary to implement effective sales and marketing strategies and to maximize the generation of total complex sales/revenues.
- Works collaboratively with DOS and Revenue Manager to drive revenue and implement yield management strategies for guest rooms and meeting/event spaces. Ensures that we are receiving more than our fair share in our competitive set.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key accounts and organizations in order to produce transient and group business, to include room sales, group sales, food & beverage sales and catering/event sales.
- Strong customer service ethic, embracing our culture and mission statement with high emphasis on exceeding client expectations at all times and always provides authentic hospitality to every guest.
- Assists the DOS to develop and maintain property-level tactical sales initiatives to support overall sales plans, strategies and programs.
- Actively participates in Columbus Hospitality Management sales initiatives such as training, sales blitzes, joint sales calls, and referrals to sister properties.
- Attends in and out-of-town conferences to generate conference and group business, as required.
- In collaboration with DOS and General Manager, develop the property budget revenues and business plan that supports the overall business and sales strategies of the property.
- Assists the DOS in managing the department zero based budget while monitoring sales pace and consumption to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan and accurately reports variances/projections.
- Assists DOS to develop messaging consistent with brand image and manages marketing efforts, including but not limited to: social media, website, and overall online presence.
- Hires, trains, and provides career development for the sales team. Conducts performance evaluations and provides ongoing feedback and mentoring to team members.
- Creates excitement and engagement of entire team pursuant to our company culture hallmark that defines everyone as a salesperson within our organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
The duties outlined in this job description are a guideline to the overall position. When hired into a CHM sales position our associates are required to be flexible with the ever changing demands of business. Duties and responsibilities will shift with market changes.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to drive, walk, lift to 35 pounds, talk and hear/listen. The associate is frequently required to stand, walk, feel/reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
Local and regional travel is required, resulting in overnight trips. This position requires the successful candidate to have a valid Ohio Driver’s license. The successful candidate would provide proof that s/he has a valid driver’s license upon being hired.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role in a hotel environment in hospitality sales and marketing, in addition to revenue management experience.
3. Excellent communication skills including verbal and written. Proven ability to command an audience and quickly develop rapport and credibility with a diverse range of people.
4. Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
5. Experience with Delphi.fdc preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, direct and solve problems effectively with little supervision.
- Highly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Proven track record in leading highly effective teams.
- Time management and ability to prioritize job duties and projects.
- Ability to lead a team to fully deliver on guest, partner and owner expectations.
- Affiliations and Memberships with local Industry Associations such as MPI, PCMA, OSAE, HSMAI, or SGMP preferred.
- CHSP or CMP designation preferred.