The World Equestrian Center located in Ocala, FL is currently seeking a Stewarding Manager to join our team.
The Stewarding Manager will supervise the day-to-day operation of the Stewarding Department. This position is responsible for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production service areas as well as managing, scheduling, and coaching our stewarding colleagues.
- Support and manage the Stewarding department while working closely with the Operations leadership team and other hotel departments.
- Maintain an organized and clean back-of-house area in Food and Beverage.
- Provide all kitchens, outlets, and banquets with clean operating equipment, based on expected business levels.
- Proactively review staffing and equipment needs.
- Ensure coordination and execution of all events with Culinary, Stewarding, Operations and Events team.
- Maintain a high energy, positive, professional appearance.
- Create an environment establishing the highest standards of quality service and ensure implementation through effective .hiring, training, development, promotion, and continuous reinforcement.
- Complete administrative tasks that include the facilitation of payroll, reports, forecasts, point of sale procedures, inventory, and budget for department.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal guidelines and ordinances.
- Perform daily walk-throughs within food and beverage department and all function space and storerooms to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous stewarding management experience preferred
- Previous food and beverage leadership preferred
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Refined verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, pull, and push a moderate weight (about 50 pounds)
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.