The World Equestrian Center located in Ocala, FL is currently seeking a Banquet Manager to join our team.
The Banquet Manager is responsible for effectively monitoring the daily operations of the Banquet Department to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standard.
- Handle all aspects of banquet functions including preplanning, supervision of staff during set-up, service and breakdown, and administrative duties.
- Responsible for inspecting and performing quality checks for event prior to scheduled event.
- Participate in pre-event meetings with Event Management team.
- Conduct pre-function meetings with all banquet staff and event management team to communicate planned details, last minute changes and follow BEO guidelines.
- Supervise Banquet staff ensuring dress code is adhered to, enforcing service standards for all events, meetings and related operations including innovate and creative food, beverage, and bar displays.
- Finalize BEOs on daily basis with all necessary billing information for sales/accounting.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for each scheduled function.
- Organize Banquet Event Orders (B.E.O.'s) according to departmental standards note of changes as received from Catering.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have 2 years banquet management experience
- Must be able to understand and write English
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Manager Safe Serve Certification
- Alcohol compliance Certification
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.
Apply for this position