Yellow Pony Sous Chef
The World Equestrian Center, located in Ocala Florida currently has an opening for a motivated Sous Chef to help lead our culinary team.
The Yellow Pony Sous Chef supervise and coordinate food production operations and activities, while achieving budgeted food and labor cost margins. Provide strong leadership and foster the development of the culinary and utility staffs. Sparking a creative environment that inspires our team to continuously improve daily in both their skills, and our culinary offerings for our guests.
- Along with our Food and Beverage Team, Trains and Supervises Kitchen and Utility Personnel with an emphasis on upholding the WEC Culture of being Distinct and Sophisticated in all of our offerings.
- Works with Executive Chef to develop menus.
- Prepares meats and seafood for line and special functions.
- Prepares all sauces, stocks, chili and soups.
- Prepares Food Orders.
- Supervises the receiving of product to ensure proper quality and quantity is delivered.
- Ensures daily prep, production, and cleaning checklists are completed according to standards.
- Maintains the highest level of security and safety standards for both our guests and associates.
- Schedules associates based on business volume.
- Assists in any special events scheduled during shows.
- Ensures that both Kitchens and Storage Areas are clean, organized, and well stocked, and maintains all par levels.
- Ensures that all food products are used on a timely basis.
- Prepares food in accordance with WEC recipes.
- Aids and assist other areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Sets up, maintains, breaks down and cleans workstations.
- Serves items in accordance with established portion and presentation standards.
- Communicates effectively in a spirit of teamwork and partnership with our Executive Chef, Sous Chefs, and Associates.
- Ensures that assigned workstations and equipment are clean and sanitary.
- Maintains neat professional appearance and observes personal cleanliness rules at all times.
- Requisitions supplies needed to produce items on menu.
- Adheres to state and local health and safety regulations.
- Covers, dates and properly stores all product.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef.
- Works Closely with the Outlet Manager to Supervise both Front of the House and Kitchen as schedule dictates.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years’ experience in an upscale banquet kitchen
- 2 years’ management experience
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Long hours sometimes required, primarily on Saturdays with multiple events being executed on campus.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling opportunities in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- ServSafe Certified
- Must have the Spirit of Hospitality and enjoy Guest Service, to both our internal and external guests.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.