The World Equestrian Center, located in Ocala Florida currently has an opening for a Reservations Coordinator to join our team.
The Reservations Coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact for all future guests seeking to book reservations, both group and transient in nature.
- Answers all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Books room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using a standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Upsells rooms when possible.
- Enters reservations into the property management system according to standard operating procedures, including internal reservations.
- Assists with group block implementation and maintenance.
- Reviews cut-off dates, room adjustments and attrition.
- Produce and run reports relating to group blocks.
- Serves as support for all group housing lists and their proper maintenance.
- Provides guests with information regarding features and amenities available at the hotel.
- Sends confirmations to our guests after making a reservation or upon request of the guest.
- Assists future guests with any billing information needed.
- Places any notes pertinent to the guest’s stay that may assist upon the guest’s arrival.
- Assists guest with inquiries, cancellations, or modifications to existing reservations.
- Arranges any in-house transportation requests, as necessary.
- Completes daily reporting as required by Management team.
- Alerts managers of any trends that may require Revenue Management adjustments.
- Provides outstanding guest service.
- Possesses the ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Performs assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and works with minimum supervision.
- Uses a variety of computer applications including the PMS – System and MS Office.
- Performs other duties as requested by Management.
- Follows all SOPs as communicated by Management.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains flexibility in scheduling understanding that, due to the 24-hour nature of the hotel, assistance may be needed outside of the normal scheduled hours.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position
- Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to understand and write English
- Report for work in a well-groomed manner with name tag on
- Speak to guests in a warm, friendly and courteous manner
- Good organizational skills and able to work independently
- Effective conflict management and decision-making is required
- Must work well under pressure and be able to resolve guest concerns
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Previous 1-3 years’ experience as Reservation Sales Agent preferred or 3-5 ears as Front Desk/Guest Services Agent
- Basic understanding of Guest needs, desires, and methods of servicing to Guest Satisfaction, adaptable to change
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.