The World Equestrian Center - Ocala located is seeking to add an experienced Sales Manager to their dynamic team.
The Sales Manager is responsible to develop, and foster business be selling to specific market segments to organizations throughout the U.S. Duties may also include planning, detailing, finalizing meeting agendas, managing accounts, conducting site inspections, soliciting, and generating new and repeat business. Responsibilities also include working with operations staff to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through various efforts including outside sales calls, prospecting, mailings, referrals, networking, etc. to maximize revenue.
- Respond to RFP’s received via direct inquiries, third party lead sites, internet/website, and walk-in leads.
- Ensure quick and efficient responses to customer issues, comments, and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Send proposals, collateral, and menus to inquiries.
- Attend all applicable daily, weekly and/or monthly department meetings to ensure proper communication and planning.
- Ensure timely notification of customer specifications with other departments.
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key accounts to maintain and increase the market share.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all property offerings, food & beverage minimums, room rentals, hotel rates, strategies, discounts/promotions, meeting space layout and capacities, catering menus with pricing and any in-house events taking place.
- Participate in trade shows, community, and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate and legible records and files to provide sales history and continuity of quality service. Log all activity and follow up with clients in CRM.
- Fill in and support coworkers and team as needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested by management.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position
- Associate must be able to sit in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Associate must talk and hear
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years sales experience, hotel experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Proactive sales approach, assertive and fast paced, driven to succeed
- Ability to communicate effectively with public and other Team Members
- Understanding of market segment, competitor’s strengths, weaknesses, economic trends, supply, and demand
The World Equestrian Center - Ocala is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.