General Store RV Attendant
Located in a rapidly growing Ocala Florida, The General Store at The World Equestrian Center is seeking an RV Attendant & Cashier to join our Team! RV Attendants must possess an upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests. They must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem-solve to effectively deal with internal and external customers. Assist guests as requested, handle cash, answer telephones, and make reservations. This position is also cross-trained as a cashier and barista at The General Store.
- Check-in RV, Home Away from Home, and golf cart rental guests in an efficient and friendly manner, using guest names whenever possible. Assures that guest is assigned the type of room requested, credit or method of payment is established, and the correct rate is charged.
- Checks guests out, preparing and explaining the bill.
- Handles all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves customer complaints; assists guests' inquiries in connection with property services, hours of operations, events, directions, etc.
- Responds to all guest requests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilizes a variety of computer systems to check guests in and out, run daily reports, and select and block rooms for arriving guests.
- Responsible for making reservations and checking room availability.
- Verifies credit card authorization or collects cash payments for all guests.
- Able to efficiently and accurately operate the computer keyboard, organize and plan, detail orientated, willing to help guests, people-oriented, patient, basic arithmetic, stamina to stand for long periods.
- Knowledge of the area to provide activities for Guests to enjoy off the property of WEC
- Be familiar with daily events including all shows on the property.
- Basic understanding of guests’ needs, desires, and methods of servicing to the guests’ satisfaction, adaptable to change.
- Answer the main telephone line and transfer to the proper departments.
- Constant contact with housekeeping and engineering departments regarding guest issues or concerns.
- Ensuring daily checklists are completed.
- Completes any direct assignment from the Manager.
- Cross-train in the cashier and barista roles.
- Accurately ring up guests and close checks correctly.
- Assist in making Starbucks coffee orders.
- Assist with stocking the store and ensuring the cleanliness of the store is up to standard.
- Utilize the deli slicer to serve fresh-cut Boar’s Head product.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
The physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- The associate must be able to work on their feet for up to 8 hours a day.
- The associate must be able to sit or stand in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively.
- The associate may have to stand walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may have to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both in-person and by telephone.
- Knowledge of Opera and Micros is preferred.
- Ability to learn multiple computer software and accurately input information into the systems.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and follow up.
- Must be available to work weekends, days, evenings, and holidays.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work-life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit a background check before employment.