On-Call Massage Therapist
The Calluna Spa at The World Equestrian Center is seeking a Massage Therapist to join our Team! The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing relaxation or treating body pain and discomfort through physical touch and moving a client’s muscles. Their duties include meeting with clients to determine the type of massage they need, creating a relaxing ambiance in their office and kneading or rubbing muscles to release tension.
- Provide 30–90-minute massages to clients by appointment
- Guide clients through service offerings and determine which massages would benefit them most
- Take a detailed client history and note any health conditions
- Evaluate clients to determine painful or stressed areas of the body
- Advise clients on stretching, strengthening or relaxation methods
- Suggest future massage appointments and regime to clients
- Listen to clients during appointments and adjust technique as they desire
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
- Associate must be able to sit or stand in the same position for up to 8 hours a day consecutively.
- Associate may have to lift to 25 pounds
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Must hold current massage therapy certification
- At least two years of experience as a professional massage therapist
- Experience working in a spa preferred
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Time management abilities
- Demonstrated sales and customer service skills
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.