Line Cooks I, II, III
The World Equestrian Center-Ocala is currently seeking at this time, Line Cooks I, II, III to join our culinary team. Primarily responsible to prepare and cook foods according to recipes and procedures per restaurant/outlet specifications. Ideal candidates must have excellent customer service skills, experience in food and banquet services and a desire to provide a great experience for our guests. Weekend availability is a must.
- Confer with manager on duty about prep list to determine requirements of the day.
- Follow company recipes and procedures when preparing or cooking food.
- Work in a clean, efficient, and organized manner.
- Audit guest checks to be certain all food items are rung up properly.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and appearance.
- Assist with controlling costs and waste.
- Observe good sanitation and safety procedures.
- Maintain sense of ownership in respect to kitchen equipment.
- Work effectively and professionally with other departments of the restaurant.
- Assist in opening/closing duties and clean-up work as required.
- Other duties requested by management.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
The physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position are outlined below. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry a weight of 25lbs
- Must be able to work walking and or standing continuously for a period of 8 hours
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Associate must talk and hear
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Prior experience as cook in full-service restaurant preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to follow direction.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit to a background check prior to employment.