Director of Special Events
The World Equestrian Center located in Ocala, Florida is searching for a Director of Special Events to join our team!
The Director of Special Events is responsible for working in conjunction with WEC show staff and maintains professional/positive working relationship with ownership. Ensures that Columbus Hospitality policies and procedures and generally accepted business practices are consistently followed.
- Conceptualize, design and market high-profile events that emphasize class, distinction and excellence to the community, media, and other key stakeholders.
- Develops annual calendar of events with the Director of Hospitality and Sales & Marketing to ensure proper venue availability, planning, marketing, and budgeting are considered well in advance.
- Assists in budgeting process and ensures forecasts completed in a timely manner.
- Develops design recommendations for strategic approach, policies, budget, and creative direction of each new event.
- Works with Marketing and PR stakeholders to manage communications and promotional materials for special events.
- Develops approach and methods to evaluate and measure event success. Leverages insights in the development of an annual strategy.
- Collaborates with internal partners as needed to ensure that we are meeting all goals and objectives.
- Develops detailed proposals for events, e.g. ticket pricing, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing, and budgets.
- Ensures that all legal/health/safety obligations are adhered to for events.
- Coordinates venue management with the internal operating departments to ensure that all areas of operation are working together to create an exceptional guest experience.
- Acts as liaison with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event (if in-house and ticketed).
- Oversees the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently post event.
- Performs post-event evaluation, including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of Event Management experience.
- Prior experience with developing and managing Event costs.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Prior experience and knowledge of managing vendors and partnering with internal business partners in supporting operative events.
- Works well under pressure.
- Effective, independent decision-making ability.
- Previous experience developing and executing large-scale events of 1,500+ people at external or internal venues required.
- Demonstrated proactive commitment in evolving events based on feedback and guidance.
- Excellent eye for detail and able to multi-task.
- Microsoft Office and basic computer skills.
- Requires effective communication skills, including active listening, verbal and written communications.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Able to work in variable weather conditions.
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours and have open and flexible availability.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work-life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit a background check prior to employment.