Engineer Supervisor - The Riding Academy
The World Equestrian Center, located in Ocala Florida is seeking an Engineer Supervisor to join our team. The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision of service calls and repairs that support the property to included weekly inspections of units to ensure everything is in working order. The property Supervisor is involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to the Engineering Department. Works closely with vendors providing services at the property ensuring ease of scheduling, can supports hotel engineering team with relative initiatives.
- Manage and inspect all areas to make certain that they are maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- Work with all guests to ensure that any Engineering items are being addressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis as required. Maintain key inventory and controls. Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspections.
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise.
- Assists as necessary and/or acts as a relief engineer, covering WEC Operations areas in the event of an absence.
- Ensure the execution of the properties Preventative Maintenance program.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Maintain detailed records of as appropriate for efficient operations of the department auditing.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry a weight of 25lbs.
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years’ previous experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Building Management Software systems.
- Effective leader/manager/collaborator.
- Persuasive and credible communicator.
- Ability to work well in high volume environment.
- Strategic thinker, exceptional negotiator and problem solver.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work-life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit a background check prior to employment.