Engineers - The Riding Academy
The World Equestrian Center, located in Ocala Florida is seeking a Engineers to join our team. The is primarily responsible for performing preventative maintenance and repair at the World Equestrian Center. The Maintenance Tech is expected to report to Chief Engineer or Supervisor upon arriving to work to receive work to be one for the day, as well as give or receive Shift Turnover communication.
Primary Responsibilities: Perform general maintenance duties as assigned by supervisor (s)
- Troubleshoot any maintenance problems and repair.
- Complete all work orders that are assigned by any department.
- Monitor/take readings of all heating/cooling and water systems daily.
- Repair and troubleshoot equipment if needed.
- Complete work on HVAC equipment and troubleshoot if necessary.
- Woodworking, wall-papering, painting, & dry walling.
- Troubleshoot and complete minor electrical repairs Perform rooms preventative maintenance program, Holi-Care, as prescribed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor (s).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate occupying this position. Associates will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at-will" employment relationship.
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry a weight of 25lbs.
- Must be able to work walking and or standing continuously for a period of 8 hours.
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Associate must talk and hear.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of (1) years experience in maintenance or related position.
- Good knowledge of HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical, Pool, and Plumbing systems.
- Excellent guest service and communication skills.
- Basic computer and math skills necessary.
- Excellent follow up and attention to detail skills required.
- Passion and excitement for the hospitality/service industry.
- Ability to work in high paced environment.
- Strong ability to Multitask.
The World Equestrian Center is managed by Columbus Hospitality Management, a company committed to providing quality service and memorable guest experiences in a positive and welcoming work environment. We are focused on supporting the needs of our team through our commitment to the family/work-life balance and by providing development opportunities.
We are proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace/EOE. All applicants will be required to submit a background check prior to employment.